- Last updated: June 12, 2019*
(*Be sure to check back frequently for changes to the schedule as we get closer to June!)
After discussion with the Reunion Fly-In board, we have decided that ANY member wishing to fly into Wynkoop Airport regardless of if you are bringing a Waco will now be permitted. We made our initial decision to only allow Wacos based on projected attendance and the possible lack of parking. Based on current registrations, we are now opening it up to any member. Transient and non-Waco parking will be on the west side of the Waco parking area, to the west of the grove of trees.
This is the schedule for the week. There may be a few tweaks but this is the plan so far – 4 fly-outs, 7 forums and a dinner at the airport every night! Another point of interest is that even though the reunion doesn’t officially begin until Tuesday; feel free to arrive any time that you wish. We want you to get the most out of the Reunion. There are many volunteers usually on the field during the 5 days preceding the Reunion to get the airport set up and ready for everyone to arrive. For those there on Monday evening we will have an informal pizza party to kick things off. We’ll take up a collection and order some pizza and watch the sunset before the Reunion begins. This evening has become quite popular and we usually have about 50 in attendance each year. This is a great way to sit down, relax and get to know your fellow members while having a great time!
- Flyout to Urbana, Ohio (I74). B-17 Restoration Tour (free)
- BBQ Dinner for all in attendance – Pulled chicken and pulled pork, sauce on the side, plus side dishes. Begins at 6:00pm in the Grove, Wynkoop Airport. If weather is inclement then dinner will be served in the hangar on the north side of the airport.
- Movie Night in the Grove near dusk
- Flyout to Put-in-Bay, Ohio (3W2). Monuments, Wineries and much more
- Forum at 10:30pm, John Schilling – Waco Historical Society
- Forum at 3:30pm, Terry Bowden – DER
- Corn Boil/Cookout Dinner for all members in attendance – Hamburgers, hotdogs, fresh garden salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob and much more. Begins at 6:00pm in the Grove, Wynkoop Airport. If weather is inclement then dinner will be served in the big tent or the hangar on the north side of the airport.
- Fly-out to Troy, Ohio – Waco Field (1WF) sponsored by the Waco Historical Society. Leave early to spend the morning visiting the WHS museum, which opens at 8am.
- Complimentary Luncheon at New Carlisle, OH (3OH0) at noon. All club members welcome. Sponsored by National Waco Club member Roger James.
- Forum at 3:30pm, John Patterson – AME
- Evening Dinner/Dance with live Big Band in North Hangar –Chicken or Steak grilled on site, salad and lots of sides plus desert. Seating begins at 5:30 pm and dinner service begins promptly at 6:00 pm.
- Breakfast flyout to Mt. Victory, Ohio (O74). The Plaza Inn Restaurant is adjacent to the field and opens at 7:00am. Come and go as you please. Make your own arrangements with your fellow club members.
- Rain Date for Troy/ New Carlisle fly-out if needed
- Forum at 10:30am, Co-President Andy Heins – Waco Paint Scheme History w/ original factory paint panels (The 10:30 forum will be moved to 2:30 if Troy/ New Carlisle fly-out goes on Friday)
- Forum at 3:30pm, Terry Bowden – DER
- Pork Chop/Chicken Dinner for all in attendance – Chicken or Giant Pork Chop grilled onsite, salad plus side dishes. Begins at 6:00pm in the Grove, Wynkoop Airport. If weather is inclement then dinner will be served in the big tent or the hangar on the north side of the airport.
- Movie Night in the grove near dusk – World Premiere of “Waco Summer”
- “Koop Group” breakfast begins at 8:00am in the South hangar, Wynkoop Airport.
- Forum at 9:30am, Mike Hartman – Flying a YMF-5 in Saipan and Guam
- Forum at 10:30am, Radial Engines Limited
- Group photo of all who are in attendance, 12:00pm in the flight line
- Banquet at 6:00pm. North Hangar, Wynkoop Airport. Seating begins at 5:30 pm and dinner service begins promptly at 6:00 pm.